Want to settle your family dispute with minimal fuss?
Contact one of our expert family lawyers for advice about how mediation can help.
We understand that this isn’t an easy time and you aren’t going to make decisions fast, so we invite you to schedule a 100% commitment-free consultation with one of our specialist family lawyers today to find out what outcome you can expect from mediation.
What is mediation?
Family law mediation is a process to help with making decisions after a relationship transition, such as separation or divorce, without going to Court. You could think of it as ‘assisted negotiation’.
Find out what you can expect from a mediation
- A family law mediator guides you and the other party through issues and key decisions. They are neutral and help broker agreement by focusing on your objectives and interests.
- You will determine the dates for mediation, decide on the location, and the delivery mode. Cut through the red tape and long delays of Court proceedings.
- You won’t have to face the other party during mediation. If you feel uneasy about being in the same room, a shuttle mediation can be arranged.
- You will be asked by the mediator to prepare certain documents for the mediation, to explain how you see the issues and your suggested solutions for them. This can be done with or without the help of a lawyer.
- The length of a mediation varies, depending on the nature of the dispute and the level of agreement between you the other party. Typically, a minimum of 3 hours is required but often a full day is taken.
What you’ll get from our initial consultation:
- An opportunity to start a conversation that is commitment free about matters concerning you
- A sense of how mediation works
- An understanding of the support and guidance Parker Coles Curtis provides our clients
Book A Free Call
What our clients say
Separation and Divorce
From custody arrangements to dispute resolution, divorce mediation and domestic violence matters, we demystify the separation and divorce process.Find out more
Parenting and custody arrangements
We can help you to navigate the complexities of co-parenting, visitation and access rights within child-custody laws in Australia.Find out more
Property and financial settlement
Know your legal rights and entitlements. Let us secure property settlements and financial outcomes in your best interests.Find out more
De facto breakups
We can help with splitting assets fairly and managing custody arrangements after a break-up of a de facto partnership.Find out more
Family violence and protection orders
We'll support you to safely exit an abusive relationship and secure legal protection against domestic violence.Find out more
International family law
Advice and representation for international couples about how Australia's family law system applies to youFind out more
Pre-nup and Binding financial agreements
We’ll help you establish your legal rights in advance to protect yourself in the event of separation or divorce.Find out more
Understand parental responsibilities, and your child support entitlements or obligations after separation and divorce.Find out more
Successfully navigate the potential relocation of children and custody arrangements after separation or divorce.Find out more
Understand your rights and obligations so you can make informed decisions about your finances in the short and long term.Find out more
What to do if you are a third party impacted by someone else’s divorce or separationFind out more
Adoption and surrogacy
Adopting a child as a relative, step-parent or carer.Find out more
Documenting separation agreements
Have an agreement and want to make it legal? Let us guide you through the process.Find out more
Wills and Power of Attorney and conveyancing
We’re by your side for all new beginnings, including buying or selling a property.Find out more
Our Founding Director Debra Parker is a highly regarded mediator and dispute resolution practitioner.Find out more